Saturday, October 2, 2010

Teen Pregnancy Poster

For our UT 2 practical, we had to come up with an advertisement poster. There were a few choices for the advertisement but the one that really struck me was the teen pregancy one because I actually know a friend who had gotten pregnant at a young age. Therefore I chose to do a design based on that.

The constraints of designing the poster was that we were only allowed to use text and colours to create the poster.

First, I brainstromed on what I wanted to put in the poster. I decided that I wanted to place a silhouette of a pregnant woman as the main focus in the poster. So I found this image



and using illustrator, I copied her sillhouette and then transferred it into photshop to look like this



then i decided to put in the text that would really make an impact. I put the text in the silhouette's stomach to really drive the message in



after that, I placed all the other text around the silhouette. But I hadn't decided on a colour palette. So I experimented with a couple of colours, most of them being blue



However, I didn't think that the colour was eye catching enough, nor did it directly signify with the message in the poster. So I decided to look online for colour palettes and decided to go for shades of dark red. Mainly these:

Dark_Reds

I thought that the red would be both eye catching and go hand in hand with the message of the poster because red sometimes represents danger (COLOUR PSYCHOLOGY).

And after all those considerations, this was my final product

1 comment:

  1. If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished! I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. Thank you. Easy Home Pregnancy Test

    ReplyDelete