Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rainbow Drops

As a class asignment, we had to design a poster for a new brand of candy called Rainbow Drops, with the tagline "rainbow drops keep falling on my head". Once I got this assigement, the first image that popped into my head were lips. The demographic for the ad was aimed mostly at young adults/adults, therefore I thought being a little provocative with the ad was a good idea.

I wanted an image of lips with a little sauce dripping on the side of the mouth. So I searched on the net and I found this image.



After finding the image, I had a clear picture in my hea dof what I wanted so I went out and looked for colour palettes. This was the one I ended up with because I thought that it perfectly suited the image of candy.

Colour_Comics_1
After getting the colour palette, I then had to decide on the font type. I wanted to use a font type that would give the imagery of it being actual candy, so I was looking for something that LOOKED chewy and sweet. So I gathered a couple of fonts to see which one fit best


After deciding on the font type to use, I ended up with this



However, I thought that the header still looked a bit of so I tilted it to the side like so



And this was my end product. I put in the rest of the tagline after, trying to keep with the colour palette and using the same font type as the header so as not to make the poster look too messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment