Monday, October 11, 2010

Smash Arts Article

This time, we had to design a mock article for the magazine we had designed. This first article is about a guide to new media. Therefore, I searched for an imae that would sum up the professionalism of the use of new media and found this image:

(from Andy J Miller's flickr)
I decided to use this image as part of the design article and came up the colour palette which was a combination of these two:

undecided

Peace_in_the_Valley

Once that was done, I put the image in with the general layout of the article. Bfore that I had researched on what a typical article in a magazine looked like, and then copied the general layout of it.



I decided to use a font type that would reflect the image I had used and placed it right beside the image so that one wouldn't really have to compete the other. They're both balanced out. Once this was done, I put in the dummy text and ended up with this

No comments:

Post a Comment